The AK Band

1c

Wednesday, May 26, 2010






The AK Band, Manhole Kids, 1981

Side One
Round And Round
8-3-12
Walnuts-Molteeazerz
Over You
Too Long A Night


Side Two

Sole Survivor
Mister President
Nothing´s Happening
Sea Of Smarm
Manhole Kids




Bonus Tracks
Pink Slippers
Skegaway

Produced By Martin Hayles & Anthony Forrest

Johnny-Lead and rhythm guitar, vocals
Nev-Bass giutar, lead vocals
Maz-Drums, percussion and vocals

Vinyl Download

I first bought this album because A, I liked the sleeve and B, it was only a 50p bargain bin puck.I wasnt dissapointed. I have just bought it again and payed quit a bit more than 50p but again great to here this lost band again.

the album included two singles which didn´t chart 8-3-12 and Over You both great tracks, I have also included their other single not on the album, Pink Slippers/Skegaway again this was worthy of a chart placing, perhaps because their sound was very similar to the Police.
Other tracks I love are Sole Survivor and Too Long A Night

The band were in a competition called Battle Of The Bands in 1980, they didnt win but were signed up before the final of the competition. Time Flys won the battle.




1 comments:

  1. wanna PEACE
    of Me?

Post a Comment

Rip It Up © 2008 Blog Design by Randomness