Pamela Stephenson

0c

Thursday, May 13, 2010







Pamela Stephenson, Unusual Treatment, 1982


Side A

Mr Wrong
Preger, Burgess, Walters



Side B

Music Bitch Weekly
Preger, Stephenson, Jenkin



Side C
Italian Shoes
Preger, Burgess, Walters



Side D
Pretty Boys
Preger, Burgess, Walters



All vocals; Pamela Stephenson
Drums; Stuart Elliot
Bass; Andy Pask
Guitar; David Rhodes, Gary Kemp
Arranged by John Walters
Produced by Richard James Burgess

Vinyl Download

Pamela an actress, comedian and married to Billy Connolly.
She made her name in the UK on the TV series Not The Nine O´Clock News in which she sang in some of the sketches including a parodie of Kate Bush.
Pamela released this double pack single in 1982, I remember buying it originally because I thought and still think sleeve was great.



I wish that could say the same for the music, the best track is Italian Shoes which is a conventional song and to be honest theonly track I can remember from this set being my favourate and only song which I played, Mr Wrong has Pam singing in a strange voice- not a good one- Music Bitch Weekly is humourous but only warrents one listen and Pretty Boy is just so so.



In 1996 Pamela gained a doctorate in clinical psychology from the California Graduate Institute, I wonder what she now thinks of the singles sleeve!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rip It Up © 2008 Blog Design by Randomness