Rodway

0c

Friday, February 12, 2010








Rodway, Horizontal Hold, 1983

Tracks
Side One
I Am Electric
Leaving Your World
Don´t Stop Trying
Dear One ( You´re No Good For Me )

Side Two
Don´t Knock It ´Til You Try It
X-Ray Eyes
I´d Give You Anything
Ditted Line
Living On An Island

Produced by,Mark Liggett and Steve Rodway

Vinyl Rip
Download


I was really looking forward to hearing this album,I loved the single,Don´t Stop Trying (still do great track ) and thought the single I Am Electric was ok so I went and bought the album at last.

Well I was really pleased with the sleeve and the iside has the lyrics which is a bonus.

Then to the album itself.
It is a lot more poppy than I was expecting with it´s sub Jackson´s Don´t Knock It ´Til You Try It, and the light weight Dotted Line and X-Ray Eyes.
I Am Electric is to me still just ok and I´m finding I hit the next button when playing the album.
I was looking on Youtube for his video´s and it seems many people out there know the ballad I´d Give You Anything,for me very cheesy but ok.
The album has grown on me a little over the past few weeks as I have played it a lot and I´m glad I have heard it ( another one off the list ).
My favourite track other than Don´t Stop Trying is Living On An Island.

I also bought a 12inch of I´m Electric/Don´t Knock It ´Til You Try It but they were not extended versions as it said on the sleeve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rip It Up © 2008 Blog Design by Randomness